Non-EU citizens residing abroad
The procedures for admission to first and second cycle degree courses with a foreign qualification require an application for pre-enrolment which must be submitted to the Italian Embassy/Consulate or Cultural Institute in the country of residence.
EU citizens or non-EU citizens legally residing in Italy
The procedures for admission to first and second cycle degree courses with a foreign qualification require an application for pre-enrolment which must be submitted directly to the university; it is mandatory to submit foreign qualifications and related certifications to the Office for Students with Foreign Qualifications.
For procedures and information regarding registration, see the “HOW TO APPLY” guide.
Roma Tre rules for enrolment are contained in the Regolamento per l’ammissione ai corsi universitari con titolo estero e per il riconoscimento dei titoli esteri (Regulations for admission to university courses with foreign qualifications and for the recognition of foreign qualifications).
Nostrification procedure (equipollenza)
In the sector of evaluation and recognition of qualification, a qualification is defined as equal to another when both, awarded by official institutions and being officially part of the relevant national system, carry all the legal impact and have the same “legal value”.
Nostrification is a form of academic recognition that is based on the analytical evaluation of a foreign higher education qualification with the aim of verifying whether it corresponds in detail in level and content to a similar Italian university degree so as to be able to define it as equivalent and thus recognize the same legal effect. The evaluation is carried out by comparing the foreign degree with the degree awarded by the Italian university.
Italian universities, in their autonomy, can evaluate foreign academic qualifications, applying Articles 2 and 3 of Law 148/02 (implementation of the Lisbon Convention), in order to issue similar Italian degrees.
The request for the award of the corresponding Italian qualification can be submitted if the foreign qualification:
- is an official first or second cycle qualification respectively of relevant foreign higher education system, awarded by an official institution of the foreign higher education system;
- allows entry to comparable second or third cycle programmes in the relevant foreign higher education system;
- presents corresponding elements of nature and academic discipline as the Italian qualification required for entry (number of credits, duration, the academic nature and/or research elements, etc.);
- there is an Italian qualification which is comparable to the foreign qualification, both in type and in academic subject.
- Application: € 200,00 plus € 16,00 fixed stamp duty for each requested degree
- Awarding of the Italian degree: € 400,00
Application deadlines: From February 1, 2021 until April 6, 2021
Recognition is carried out by the competent academic authorities within the 90-day period set by law. For the complete rules applied by Roma Tre and the documents to be presented, please refer to the Regolamento per l’ammissione ai corsi universitari con titolo estero e per il riconoscimento dei titoli esteri
Full information on equipollenza on MUR (Ministry for Universities and Research) website: https://www.mur.gov.it/it/aree-tematiche/universita/equipollenze-equivalenza-ed-equiparazioni-tra-titoli-di-studio/titoli and CIMEA (Centro di Informazione sulla Mobilità e le Equivalenze Accademiche) website: http://www.cimea.it/it/servizi/procedure-di-riconoscimento-dei-titoli/procedure-di-riconoscimento-dei-titoli-overview.aspx
- MIUR Studenti stranieri-Studiare in Italia
- CIMEA – Centro di Informazione sulla Mobilità e le Equivalenze Accademiche